The Should I Sign Rising Star Scholarship
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
We are pleased to announce Should Sign’s bi-annual $1,000 Rising Star Scholarship for individuals in the United States who are currently enrolled or applying to enroll in undergraduate or graduate schools. The founders of Should I Sign were fortunate enough to receive great educations and understand the importance of receiving one. However, managing costs for education can be straining on prospective students and their families. Whether it’s tuition, housing, supplies & books or food, the cost seems to be rising. This bi-annual Rising Star Scholarship is Should I Sign’s way of making it a little easier for you and your family to manage educational costs.
In order to apply, applicants must submit a 500 to 2500 word essay on one of the following topics:
– What is an existing law that needs improving and why?
– What is a law that should exist but does not currently exist and why?
From the submissions we receive, we will choose up to five finalists. If you are chosen as a finalist, we will publish your essay on our blog and to our Facebook page. Then it is your job to promote your posted essay any way you want to. The finalist whose essay receives the most likes on our Facebook page, will be the winner. It’s that simple!
– For the Winter Scholarship, we start accepting submissions on October 1, 2016. All submissions must be received by December 1, 2016. Finalists will be chosen by December 31, 2016 and the winner will be selected on January 31, 2017.
– For the Summer Scholarship, we start accepting submissions on April 1, 2017. All submissions must be received by June 1, 2017. Finalists will be chosen by July 1, 2017 and the winner will be selected on July 31, 2017.
1. Submit your essay (in MS word format only) along with a cover email which includes the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Your full name
– Where you attend college (or graduate school) or where you are applying to attend
– Your mailing address
– Your phone number
– Your preferred email address
– The URL to your facebook profile
2. Like and follow our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/shouldisign
We look forward to reading all submissions and helping the winner with his or her educational expenses!